March 7-13, 2021
World Glaucoma Week is a global joint initiative between the World Glaucoma Association (WGA) and the World Glaucoma Patient Network (WGPN), in order to raise awareness on glaucoma. Through a series of engaging worldwide activities patients, eye-care providers, health officials and the general public are invited to contribute to sight preservation. The goal is to alert everyone to have regular eye (and optic nerve) checks in order to detect glaucoma as early as possible.
We need your help in making World Glaucoma Weeks successful and creating greater glaucoma awareness, so please:
- Involve your glaucoma patients as you organize a screening event in your local institute/hospital
- Give a lecture to a patient support group
- Participate in radio & TV shows to talk about glaucoma and to answer questions
- Contact newspapers to publish information about glaucoma
- Run a social media campaign
More details about World Glaucoma Week and many examples of glaucoma awareness activities around the world are to be found on the WGW website.
Visit the World Glaucoma Week website